Since the age of 15, Jeffery D. Henderson has been an advocate for youth when he first spoke at Harvard University at the National Council of State Committees for Youth Helping Youth.
While attending St. Paul Central High, MN, he was involved in following youth programs:
- All City Student Council (President)
- Burlington Northern Law Association
- Burlington Northern Law Association (President)
- Mayor's Youth Commission
- School Board Youth Advisory Committee, and
- Senate Aide
While attending Clark Atlanta University (Atlanta, GA), he was President of Phi Beta Lambda (College Business Association) and a member of the Cinema Club.
During his adult years, he has been involved in the following:
- Chairman of the Board of Directors for Sinfo-Nia Youth Orchestra/Dance Company
- Vice Chairperson of Operations of the Board of Directors for Health Promotion Action Coalition, Inc. (HPAC)
- Board Member of the Board of Directors for Picture of Health, Foundation, Inc.
- Board Member of PACE (Professional Association of Customer Engagement).
- Board Member of More than Conquerors Inc.
- President of Grace Heritage Christian Academy PTA
- President of the Chamblee Charter High School Lady Bulldogs Track and Field Team
- Vice President of Chamblee Charter High School PTSA
- Vice President of Chamblee Charter High School Booster Club
- Vice President of Chamblee Charter High School Girls Basketball Team
- Big Brother/Big Sisters Mentors
- Certified as an Official for USATF
- Youth Leader
- President of the Christian Brotherhood
- Christian Education Director
- Building Fund Chairperson
- Event Planner
Georgia Governor Deal honors Youth Business University in September 2014,
Georgia Governor Deal honors Youth Business University in November 2011